Monday, May 11, 2015

To my one true love; the Three in One

I want to fall in love with you;
how hard could it be?
I fall in love all the time:
I do it constantly.
With books, and songs,
and smells and tea,
with friends and wishes
and all my family
I want to fall in love with you
for all eternity.

And yet the loves I hold so dear -
the friends, the family,
the lures that this life; it holds
the stories that I dream -
they keep me from my one true love
(That's you, my dear,
my love and God and king).
My hopes they fade,
my dreams distort'd
till after all the life I've lived,
I take this death instead

Oh let me not betray
my truer self and thee
let me not release the ties
that hold you close to me
remind me of the life you hold
the joy and all the peace
and though it tries me all my days
refine me, Lord, for thee

My heart is hid, like life,
inside your wondrous love.
My soul it yearns, it longs,
forever for this light,
It knows full well,
that which it needs
does not exist below
the longing deep and ever sharp
forever says "Tis not your home"
Tis heaven where belonging lies,
where all will become whole
God with us our Emmanuel
forever soul to soul

My heart, it rests,
my soul, it sighs
when such visions fill my head,
and spur my weary mind toward
the greater goal ahead.
The weight of glory,
(all comes from you)
my crown, my joy
(the people who
drew near to light
your life they saw in me)
the full reward, my grateful soul,
finds solace now to be.

And so dear Abba,
my love, my lord, my king,
I will rest, I will wait, I will sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment